The list of 2019 Attractions and Pavilions will be announced soon!
A destination designed to guide industry professionals on switching to IP.
From broadcast engineers and IT to CEO's, TV Producers and beyond, this destination is designed to guide industry professionals on the advantages of switching to IP, how to implement new infrastructure and make the shift as securely as possible.
- Are you looking for a way to economically prepare your operation for the future?
- Is uncertainty around format adoption such as HDR, UHD, and wide color gamut hindering your decisions?
- Is increased system up-time important to you?
- Would simpler cabling and better tools for signal alignment be of benefit to your facility?
Then a visit to the IP Showcase is a "must see" stop for you at the 2018 NAB Show.
IP is here and now, and can bring much greater flexibility and efficiency to your operation. At this year's IP Showcase, over 60 manufacturers and eight of our industry's premier standards bodies and trade alliances have come together to demonstrate the benefits and practicality of moving to IP workflows, all leveraging the new SMPTE ST 2110 standard and AMWA NMOS specifications.
Reinforcing the here and now of IP, the IP Showcase will feature information on a host of IP reference sites, enabling visitors to measure their expectations against real-world IP installations that are already up and running around the world.
The IP Showcase will also incorporate a live all-IP studio - where visitors can witness two hours of live program production and output every day of the show, all using SMPTE ST 2110.
Rounding out the IP experience, the IP Showcase Theater, curated by IABM, will provide tremendous educational opportunities through non-stop presentations covering the full gamut of knowledge for real-time IP production and intra-facility distribution. Visitors will learn about the business and creative benefits of IP, and how these advantages can be applied to their own operations. They will also hear first-hand about the rapidly growing number of real-world IP deployments from broadcasters and media providers who have already adopted IP signal flows.
With no direct sales agenda, the IP Showcase is dedicated to educating and energizing NAB visitors to embrace the huge business and creative potential of IP, plan effectively, and ultimately build a more flexible, more efficient and more creative broadcasting industry.
Visitors to the IP Showcase will be able to interact with equipment and clearly see the benefits of real-time IP, including:
- Format flexibility and efficient cabling
- Resiliency and data loss protection
- Plug & play connection management
- Broad choice of interoperable audio equipment
They will be able to learn how, with IP, to:
- Seamlessly transition from SDI to hybrid IP/SDI systems
- Design deterministic systems
- Use new tools for automatic alignment of signals