SPROCKIT Reveals First Round of StartUps Participating at the 2018 NAB Show
February 28, 2018
-- Companies are hand-selected by industry leaders based on their potential to offer real solutions to challenges in today’s evolving media and technology marketplace --
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- SPROCKIT, the global community that curates, connects and fosters collaboration between market-ready startups and media, entertainment and technology companies, today announced the first round of startups selected to participate at the 2018 NAB Show. NAB Show is held April 7-12 in Las Vegas.
The startups will demonstrate their technologies alongside select alumni in the Innovation Pipeline in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center and will be featured in the new Destination NXT Theater. The companies will also participate in SPROCKIT Sync, a series of private forums throughout the year where industry executives and entrepreneurs meet to collectively discuss new technologies that will advance the industry. Additionally, the participating startups will have the opportunity to connect with SPROCKIT corporate members, including FOX Networks Group, Google, Hearst Television, Samsung NEXT, TEGNA, Univision and Verizon Digital Media Services.
“SPROCKIT startups continue to distinguish themselves as elite change-makers in media, entertainment and technology,” said SPROCKIT Founder and CEO Harry Glazer. “Our corporate partners understand and appreciate that SPROCKIT startups are highly vetted and market ready with the potential to collaborate immediately to infuse innovation. In fact, many of them are already working with some of the biggest names in the industry.”
The full list of startups will be announced in late March. The first round of participating startups includes:
- **Mobile help brands boost mobile engagement through strategic use of an omni-channel platform.
- AlertMe uses artificial intelligence to drive audience and revenue growth for publications while reducing dependency on Facebook.
- AppTek makes dark data more discoverable, usable and valuable for technology companies.
- Apptimize accelerates data-driven mobile growth through A/B testing and release management.
- Data+Math is an attribution platform that helps marketers connect business outcomes to advertising impressions.
- Graphika turns network relationships into dynamic maps of social influence, enabling precise targeting and results.
- LiftIgniter is a machine learning interface that helps improve click-through rates, engagement and conversion.
- Limbik is a data studio that uses predictive analytics to make content recommendations for publishers, brands and agencies.
- Seek is a network that allows a user to discover, share, and experience augmented reality in one social platform.
- Skreens uses a cloud platform to deliver personalized content and videos to realize new revenue and retention possibilities.
- SocialFlow powers social distribution and revenue solutions for top publishers and media companies.
- SpherePlay offers a customizable virtual reality media player that is easy to integrate in 8K quality.
- SpokenLayer is a leader in voice content on Amazon Alexa, Google Home/Assistant, and soon, Apple’s Siri.
- SureWaves develops media convergence solutions that interweave television, digital displays, mobile and internet platforms.
- Trint combines a text editor and audio/video player to quickly generate accurate and searchable transcripts of interviews and speeches.
- VideoAmp is an integrated TV operating system for the convergence of the linear TV and digital video advertising ecosystems.
- Vizbee creates mobile and TV continuity that addresses the distribution, marketing and advertising challenges of over-the-top video.
- Wibbitz enables publishers and brands to produce videos for any platform quickly.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with accepted startups invited to participate in future SPROCKIT Sync meetings at corporate member offices, as well as the SPROCKIT Hubs at other industry events. Interested companies can email email@example.com for additional information.