This page is to familiarize yourself with the rules of the competition prior to submitting your entry.
The 2019 NAB Show Product of the Year Awards will recognize the most significant and promising new products and technologies being exhibited at the 2019 NAB Show. If you are a 2019 NAB Show exhibitor that has unveiled a new product in the last 12 months that was not displayed at the 2018 NAB Show in Las Vegas, you’re eligible to enter the 2019 NAB Show Product of the Year Awards. It is an independently judged awards program recognizing product innovation, and it is optional to participate for NAB exhibitors.
The 2019 NAB Show Product of the Year Awards will open at 9:00 a.m. EST on February 5, 2019, and will end March 15, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST (the "Entry Deadline"). All entries must be received by the Entry Deadline.
Competition fee is $250 per entry/product. Each product must have its own entry form. No refunds of entry fees will be issued. Each entry comes with 2 tickets to the awards ceremony. Winners will be announced and should be present to win at the award ceremony and cocktail reception on Wednesday at 5:30 – 7:00 at Westgate ballroom A.
1. To be eligible for an award, nominated products and technologies must be on display at the 2019 NAB Show for the first time and available for delivery in calendar year 2019.
2. All questions on the entry form must be answered fully to help judges better understand the product and how it is innovative. Failure to fill in required fields or to submit incorrect information may result in disqualification.
3. Entrants may submit forms for as many different products as they like, in as many categories as they choose. Each entry covers 1 product in 1 category.
4. All decisions made by the judging panel are final.
5. Professional-quality, high-resolution photography (under 5MB please) must be submitted with each completed entry form. At least two-color images of each product must be submitted, and five are permitted. Multiple views (other angles) and technical information/specification sheets are encouraged. You can upload .JPG .PNG .GIF files only. Each photo must be 300 DPI in resolution, and each image must be under 5 MB. By submitting photography, you are granting NAB the right to publish it free of charge. Any copyright owner or photographer’s fees/usage rights are the responsibility of the submitter.
6. By submitting photography, you (a) represent and warrant that you own the exclusive rights and/or have obtained all necessary third-party consents to submit such images for consideration, (b) grant NAB and its designees, licensees or affiliates a fully paid, worldwide license to use, distribute, display, reproduce, publish, republish and create derivative works of the entry in any media now or hereafter known, including but not limited to, print or digital publication in NAB publications or websites and (c) agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless NAB and its partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, agents and their employees, officers, directors, and representatives from any and all third-party claims arising from the entry and use of any such images submitted in connection with the competition.
7. Employees of NAB, and each of their contractors, affiliates, subsidiaries and agents and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) or persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age as of the date of entry.
8. Participation is voluntary. By participating, entrants release and agree to hold harmless NAB, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons (including, without limitation, death) or property, arising directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from or in connection with the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, participation in this competition, or any competition-related activity. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT THE PRECEDING RELEASE IS DETERMINED BY A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION TO BE INVALID OR VOID FOR ANY REASON, THE ENTRANT AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING THE COMPETITION, (I) ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS’ FEES; AND (II) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
9. NAB reserves the right to amend these rules at any time.
To be eligible for an award, nominated products and technologies must be on display at the 2019 NAB Show for the first time and available for delivery in calendar year 2019. Entrants may only submit a single product with each entry, not a line of products. Judges reserve the right to reassign products to other categories if necessary. Decisions by the judges are final. All questions on the entry form must be answered.
Entries will be judged after the contest is officially closed by a panel of industry professionals, who will base their decisions on a variety of criteria, including innovation, function, and technical advancements.
The winners will be announced at the 2019 NAB Show award ceremony on April 10, 2019, in a press release post event and featured on the 2019 NAB Show website. There are no monetary prizes.
By entering this awards program, entrants agree (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and (b) that the decisions of the judges and NAB are final on all matters relating to the 2019 NAB Show Product of the Year Awards.
By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants and Sponsor in connection with the competition, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the District of Columbia without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. All entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Courts of the District of Columbia.
The sponsor of the 2019 NAB Show Product of the Year Awards is the National Association of Broadcasters, 1771 N Street NW, Washington, DC 20036 (“Sponsor”).